When a blog completes 3 months, it is already a success! Running into the 4th month!
The three lovely things to emphasise on are back! As per the ritual, it starts with the months’s coverpage, it goes on with my follower count and eventually to the blogger award!
#1 Coverpage for April
The chosen theme for this month is our Greek Goddess, Aphrodite. It is all about beauty and love for her… Of course, it does come with poetry in the olden era and right now, it would go hand-in-hand with fashion!
#2 Follower Count and Likes Count!
200+ followers is something amazing!! Thank you so much guys! It is all because of you that the blog is running well!!!
#3 Blogger Award
Thank you so very much Y!! Y writes at The Catalysts for Change – A blog that doesn’t deal with the small and petty things but it deals with the bigger and deeper stuff… Every post comes along with the tagline – Bringing Awareness to mental illness and sexual assault. Quite powerful, right? The words bring out meaning that touches our soul and it brings about a pretty stimulating change! Check out the latest post here!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who deserve this award.
- Let them know about the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Eleven Questions posted by Y:
1.What brought you to the blogging world?/How did you start blogging?
I always knew that I have to start somewhere to get into a magazine as a writer or maybe even head a magazine… The problem was that I knew this for ages and I never did anything about it. Eventually on the night of 14th December 2016, I just sat down and voila! The Rink came into existence!
2. What is your favourite post?
My favourite posts are 10+ Fashion Styles Explored and Fashion Formula for Valentine’s Day – Can it be inspired from Fashion Weeks? and the guest posts that I wrote for other blogs. In these posts, it is really me… I didn’t assume the identity of a fashionista when I wrote those… I wrote it in the point of view of just another girl in the fashion world.
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Blogging is when you leave the creative juices flowing! It is all about passion! There is absolutely no compulsion and it is about your voice, your opinion and your freedom!
4. What is a topic that you’ve always wanted to write about (but haven’t yet)?
I don’t have the itch to write about one particular topic right now… But if I did, it would be about a girl battling between the traditional culture and modern culture.
5. If you could go to any city/country right now, where would you go?
As of now, I want to explore Europe…
6. What is your favourite book?
I ❤ Jane Eyre… It was the first book that made me cry, laugh and feel every kind of emotion… A Thousand Boy Kisses is a close second!
7. What is a quote that really speaks to you?
I love several quotes and all those quotes inspire me… these are quotes ranging from normal people to dialogues in tv shows and movies and by famous people. I always awe at specific verses in poetry. One of the quotes would be,
“Imperfection is beauty, Madness is genius, And it is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring” – Marilyn Monroe
8. Who is your role model?
Role models… I don’t have one… If there is one, then it would be the future me who is ten years older than me. I have some goals and expectations for the future me. So, right now, she is my role model.
9. What do you believe is your purpose?
To spread news, emotions and everything subtle and deep through words and art!
10. What is your favourite characteristic about yourself?
I will never give up on a person. Every person is worth the hope!
11. What accomplishment of yours are you most proud of?
I have been acknowledged for most of my accomplishments like getting awards for being a part of the student body council, academics, sports and everything… However, I was pushed to get those awards because who does’t love to win competitions! I guess blogging would be my biggest accomplishment biggest because there is absolutely no competition… Just genuine liking and passion fuelled this entire process!
For random facts about myself and S.C., check the About Us page!
Nominees for the Award: (In Alphabetical Order)
A Brash Attitude
Lipstick For Lunch
Okoto Enigma’s Blog
Pink For Days
Thoughts From Jasmine
Your 11 Questions:
- What was the inspiration or event that made you believe to want to be a blogger?
- Do you ever think that you could have started this blogging journey much before than you actually did?
- Which is your favourite post and why?
- Which blog/ blog post (blog post that you read and not wrote!) made you think deep?
- What is the one secret of blogging you never told anyone?
- Which movie/story has inspired you in the past?
- What is the one thing in your life that you are always aching to do?
- What is success in blogging to you?
- Do you write other stories, books and poems too (apart from publishing them on your blog)?
- What is the one characteristic you find in all your close ones?
- What makes you believe in yourself?
Yeah! That is it! Your blogs are fascinating and lovely! Would love to know your answers! There are so many bloggers and blogs out there but I could nominate only 11… But I would soon if your blog has caught my attention..! I don’t nominate bloggers/blogs that I have already nominated… so, excuse me!
Recent Update on the Poetry Guest Blog Series:
Some poets told me about how it is hard to base poems on the topic I had given for April 4th and 6th… And so, I have decided to take in poetry on beauty and fashion trends too for the two dates! So, shall we tie the string of words and attach it to pearls?!